Saturday, May 28, 2011

For the Unrepentant Smoker


You can try to shame a smoker but it usually doesn't work. The fellow in the tabac (and for the record, I was in there buying a pen) looked at me kind of oddly when I asked if I could take a picture of these plastic sleeves for cigarettes. But he said okay anyway.

By the way, these cases look like the work of  Benjamin Vautier (whose products for the stationery company Quo Vadis are among my favorites) but they're not.  If your life is incomplete without one, you can purchase them from Latitude Sud.

Translation:  (left) I know, I know.  (right) I do what I want.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

I totally thought it was Ben Vaultier. Have you been to the Centre Pompidou in Metz? They have lots of his pieces!

Anne said...

Brenna: I haven't been to Metz. One more thing to add to the list for "some day."

Starman said...

Trying to reason with smokers to get them to quit, is useless. No one ever quit who didn't really want to stop smoking. Je sais. I was one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails