Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Poulet Rôti


'Tis the season for visitors and that means we're eating a lot of poulet rôti at our house. As I noted way back when, it's both delicious and deliciously simple when you have extra folks around the table and to my mind, also a quintessential part of our Paris experience.

There was a long long queue at the butcher's the other day when I went to fetch my two chickens for dinner, giving me enough time to summon up my courage to ask the cheerful monsieur if I could take his picture. He knows me well enough now that the soft sell worked just fine, and I'm glad to have this souvenir of the many chickens we've had from his establishment. And for the record, the chicken was yummy. Roasted potatoes, a simple salad, and a bottle of wine was all that was needed to make me look like a hero of a hostess.

5 comments:

Sweet Freak said...

Je suis d'accord! Roasted chicken from the local butcher is one of Paris' greatest gifts!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I love the roasted chicken, and the little roast potatoes you can buy as well... mmmmmmm yummy!

debbie in toronto said...

stop it you guys..you are making me hungry...now how to smuggle one into our room in September...

Starman said...

For some reason, the French consider it bad form to serve chicken to guests. I don't understand how it could be wrong if everyone likes chicken. Considering all the boucheries in France where one can buy them, someone must like them.

Virginia said...

OH poulet rôti got us through a lot of meals last summer and I can hardly wait to find one near my apt. soon! I got a great shot of our "chicken guy" as we called him on rue Mouffetard. And those pommes de terre are sinful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails