Friday, March 19, 2010

Roller Cops


Quick! What do you consider signs of spring? Crocuses and forsythia in bud? Blue skies and a sun that actually feels warm? Wool exchanged for poplin overcoats?

How about your friendly neighborhood cops on roller skates? I've seen the police on bikes, on horseback, and even on Segways but this was a first for me. The nice weather clearly had everyone in a good mood as this trio had pulled out a copy of Paris Par Arrondissement to help a lost soul find his destination.

6 comments:

David in Setouchi said...

"friendly neighborhood cops"

What an oxymoron...

(roller cops have been around for about 15-20 years, I'm quite surprised you saw them for the first time)

debbie in toronto said...

well I think it's very cool...great workout..

F Cameron said...

Neat!

I didn't see them when we stayed on Ile de la Cite last year. However, we did see the daily mounted police force go past our window. Our son is going to stop off in Paris for a few days before joining us in Antibes this May. I've been busy sending him info on Paris!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I didn't see them on my visit last year either.. think it is brilliant!

Starman said...

I've seen them several times at les Halles.

mtnbiker404 said...

That's quite interesting. I've never seen anything like that here in Toronto. I'm not sure how practical it is. I think if you were being chased by them it would be easy to get away by just walking down a set of stairs. Bicycle patrol makes more sense to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails