Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fall Foliage: A Mea Culpa

Forgive me father for I have sinned. Or rather forgive me father for I have complained unjustly. About a month ago, I mouthed off about the drabness of autumn in Paris. And while I stand by my earlier comments that a Paris fall is no match for the vibrancy you find in the hills of Virginia or the byways of New England, I have since found some fall colors to brighten my mood. So in interest of full disclosure, here they are for all to view.


Misty morning in the Bois de Boulogne


Patterns on the water; these leaves in the basin of a fountain were swirling in a circle, almost hypnotically


Hydrangeas in the garden of the Musee de la Vie Romantique

4 comments:

debbie in toronto said...

lovely Anne....but you are right it's not the bright colour we are used to.

Starman said...

Well, they are French, it takes a bit longer for them to get up to speed

Duchesse said...

There are still leaves in the trees in Paris at this time of the year?

Laura said...

a couple of weeks ago, I was walking around the cimitière du Montparnasse (no creepy habit, famous writers & artists are buried there) and the colour of the trees was just amazing!
http://pariginipercaso.blogspot.com/2009/11/autunno-parigi.html

love your blog
Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails