Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here's the Poop


One of my first posts on this blog was about the failure of Parisians to pick up after their dogs. After a year, I still have a hard time with the amount of crap (I mean, let's call a spade a spade) on the sidewalk. Just this morning, I saw two young women walking down my block barefoot and it nearly took my breath away. Trust me, you don't want to do this in Paris.

Now I also have my doubts about the effectiveness of social marketing via billboard changing anyone's behavior. (See here and here. If you really want your fill on this topic, read this.) But still, I think this poster has a certain charm. Here we find Medor (sort of like Rover or Spot for the French) caught red-headed for leaving 80 kilos of you know what on the sidewalks over the course of the year. The tag line translates as "keep our town clean." No word on whether Medor was sentenced to community service or hard time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails